Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A gorilla, an elf and a kid.


I think I lived in a a cereal free zone when I grew up, or maybe Eastern Canada was actually a small communist state and no one told me. But, for the love of me I never saw any of these crazy cereals.


Today's offering is just that. Screwed up. General Mills had a good run in the 60's.


Wackies cereal came in 2 varieties: regular and banana. The odd thing is that the regular flavour apparently had banana bits in them. I suspect the just wanted the big gorilla to shill for the damn stuff.


The "Wackies" part of the deal was that these banana bits were in what they called "squiggles and squaggles" shape. Or if you weren't on the floor convulsing with laughter, then the other shapes they came were "bingles, jangles, oflutes and oclots". That should do it. Sure sent the spell checker off.


Time for a cardboard ray gun.

No comments: