Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fruit Brute it ain't.


Just a quick one tonight, long, long day. My head is fudge and I spent the day repeating myself.


So Mr.Moonbird is a mascot of sorts for Sugar Jets Cereal. A late 50's General Mills cereal that hung around till the mid 60's. It was one of those puffed rice types dipped in sugar. I was just at the grocery store and bought some Lucky Charms in an attempt to buy the sugary-ist stuff I could find. I wonder how the ingredients compare? Me thinks Sugar Jets were heavy on the syrup.


So, other mascots for this delightful food were Johnny Jet (yeah) and Googol the Alien. Of course the responsible sobering adult figure is some guy named Major Jet the Space Pilot.


Let me think here, was marketing (again) on a word budget? Couldn't the major have a lousy name even? Ted would have worked, only 3 letters.


No comments: