Monday, August 11, 2008

howdy

Getting at it a bit late but I'm being buoyed up by the Fabulous Thunderbirds. Yes.

So History Television starts the week at 8 off with Cities of the Underworld: New York. Not a bad series, but followed at 9 by Gangs of New York, an overly ambitious, overly gritty flick, (I'm not kidding here), that just wears you down. And, since this appears to be "gritty" night they follow it up with Cape Fear. Shit, I'll be picking this out of my teeth for a week.

Go to PBS at 10pm for Chasing Churchill: In Search of My Grandfather: Worth Doing Once. "During World War II, Morocco and the South of France inspired Churchill to paint."

Over on the History Channel you can check in at 9pm for Hillbilly: The Real Story, hosted by Billy Ray Cyrus. I just have to pass on the smart ass remarks, just go watch it. At 11 they have Cities of the Underworld: Jerusalem. Glad they settled down.

Gonna go and listen to some Light Crust Doughboys, see ya.

No comments: