Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Crunch, crunch.


I was going to go on a tear about the early years of the Italian Air Force but decided to give you all a break, and crab about some really bad ideas for snacks.


How about Tako brand(with a k) octopus flavoured chips. I had some fish flavoured noodles not that long ago with a truly obscene name that tasted probably as bad as these sound. Actually, after a bit of snooping, the Asians seem to have this thing for mollusk flavoured chips. How about cuttlefish and squid chips? I'm serious here.


Since I am a solid defender of really good chips, I'll close out the tiny little post with a bit of chip history. The potato chip, the only real chip, mind you apple chips aren't bad, was invented in 1853 by (I'm sorry, but what are the odds?) George Crum.


That ad, to the right, ain't no joke.




No comments: