Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Video game frenzy.

Its so hot today I just had to take a time out. Plans were for a piece on a notable leader who had embarassed himself. Instead I went looking for really bad video games. A while back I wrote a bit about how many lines of programming it takes to create a real simple program, so it floors me to know how much time and sweat went into these stinkers. They were all bad for various reasons, and I'm sure some may have been a favourite of yours at one time in 1989 or something. What is incredible is that someone thought they had a hit.

In no particular order, how about JumpMan for the Commodore 64, PC and Apple 2? The character simply jumped.

Or Wild Woody for the Sega, about a pencil that throws dynamite.

Nintendo's Princess Tomato in Salad Kingdom.

Um Jammer Lammy. A psychedic guitar playing lamb.

70's Robot Anime Geppy-X: The Super Boosted Armour. What?

Ninja Hamster. The game package has a hamster that looks kinda Hitler-ish. Just too odd.

And, I'm sorry, Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf.

I just have to stop.

For a look at these and over 40 other treasures check out http://www.gamerevolution.com/feature/worst_names

No comments: